Before you begin the application, please read through this entire page.
The Water Well Trust (WWT) is a nonprofit organization and is funded by private and public dollars. We have limited funds available for low-interest loans to eligible individual households in need of a new well or rehabilitation of an existing well. Priority is given to households where health risks are imminent, to those with minorities, elderly, children, or disabled persons, including disabled veterans.
To be eligible for WWT assistance, you must meet the following eligibility criteria (all must be met):
▪ Own your home and property
▪ Applicant must be the occupant(s) of the property
▪ Home must be applicant’s primary residence
▪ No reliable source of water to home with no option to hook up to public water utility
▪ Gross annual household income must not exceed 100% of the median non-metropolitan household income for the state
WWT limits funding to a maximum of $11,000 per household with an interest rate of 1% and repayment terms of up to 20 years. Payments are due each month. Different factors determine the payment amount. These factors will be discussed with you prior to signing a contract. You are under no obligation until you sign an agreement with us, and you may take it to any attorney for review before signing if you wish.
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
To receive an application, click the ‘Submit Here’ button below.
If you can print an application on your own, Alabama or Arkansas, complete and mail to PO Box 2399 Davidson, NC 28036 along with the additional documents requested. Once received, we will review your application, tell you if you qualify, and what to do next. ** YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED WHEN YOUR SIGNED AGREEMENT AND PROMISSORY NOTE ARE RECEIVED BY OUR OFFICE AND WHEN TO PROCEED WITH DRILLING OR REPAIR WORK.**
- Application form – complete and submit by program deadline; call us for date
- Deed for the land – with plat if available
- Most recently paid real estate tax bill for the property
- Evidence of monthly household income – for all household members, excluding minors
examples: last year’s W-2, pay stubs for one month, or monthly Social Security or SSI check
- Last year’s tax return(s) – for all household members, excluding minors
- Most recent mortgage payment statement – if applicable
- Two-three quotes from well contractors
WHERE TO SEND YOUR APPLICATION
If you are mailing your application, please send the completed application and copies of the required information to:
Water Well Trust
P.O. Box 2399
Davidson, NC 28036
If you have questions or need help completing this application, contact us at
202.625.4383 or by Email.