Welcome to the Water Well Trust!
The Water Well Trust (WWT) and its partners provide funding for wells and/or septic systems for low‐income families nationwide that need safe drinking water or wastewater systems. We serve Americans living primarily in rural, unincorporated areas or minority communities that may be isolated and difficult to reach. We assist low‐income families that do not have access to public water supplies or sewer, and those who live in areas where the extension of public water supplies to serve them doesn’t make economic sense…for them, for the public water supply owners, for federal, state or local funding sources. If you need assistance and would like to apply please continue reading the information on this page.
To be eligible for a loan, you must meet all following eligibility criteria:
▪ Deed or mortgage for home and property in applicant’s name
▪ Applicant must be the occupant(s) of the property
▪ Home must be applicant’s primary residence
▪ No new construction, must have occupied the property for at least one year
▪ No reliable source of water to the home and no option to connect to a public water utility or sewer
▪Gross annual household income based on your state’s median non-metropolitan household income.
If you have questions, please feel free to visit our Contact page!